Most helpful customer reviews
2 of 2 people found the following review helpful.
The Only Kickball worth Purchasing - IMO
By Miguel Amat Y. Leon
Ok - this is the only brand worth purchasing based on our experience. The rubber is good quality. We've had great luck with this brand. All the other brands had low quality rubber that ruptured within weeks. We have about 3 of them and so far none of them show signs of ware.
Most people are using this ball wrong and they are WAY over inflating it. 1.5 pounds is hardly anything. You should be able to squish it down easily. If it says it's a P1000K then it is 100% the 10" ball that most people are inflating all the way to 12" inches +. Then they wonder why they rupture. Of course, if it lands on a sharp stick it will break i'm sure. Hasn't happened to us, but these are not basketballs or soccer balls. The very concept of a kickball ball makes it be somewhat vulnerable. It's not the brand, it's the type of ball you are using. This is a RUBBER ball. Understand rubber. Anything stronger and you would not have a kickball.
1) P1000K should be about 10" when properly inflated. If you don't have a gauge that is ultra sensitive, then get a tape measure and estimate.
2) They are not meant to take direct sunlight for prolonged time. That is, don't leave them laying exposed in the sunlight when not in use. I doubt the rubber is UV stable.
3) Deflate them in the winter when not in use. Rubber warps when cold as it tries to shrink, but, because of pressure, can't.
4) Try to avoid sharp objects in the field (this goes without saying, but, reading reviews, maybe not)
We use these every week at our compound and they are great. So much fun. Don't forget to warm up a little :)
Life is good!
0 of 0 people found the following review helpful.
Great kickball except for perhaps being a bit too big
Overall, this is a very nice kickball.
** Pros **
+ Nice texture pattern which helps with gripping the ball and throwing it.
+ Bounces and kicks well in general.
** Cons **
- The only gripe I or my kids is this ball is quite large (larger than a basketball) and heavy. We think the ball would be easier for kicking,
throwing, etc. if it was smaller, maybe 1/2 to 3/4 the size, maybe closer to the size of a standard basketball.
Now, all of that said, maybe this ball is meeting some regulation kickball size. I am not an expert and am purely evaluating this ball based on having played kickball a lot growing up and from using this ball with my children. Based on that, it is a very nice ball, except for being a bit too big (and therefore heavy).
0 of 0 people found the following review helpful. See all 418 customer reviews...
It's a bird, it's a plane... you're out.
I was hoping this would be a bit smaller than it was. Ball is very large, but that's my fault for not reading. After a few games it bubbled out on one side, I blame that on the intense South Florida heat and my mean kicking leg. Due to its size it does float a bit too much while in the air making it easier to catch. So this is a great ball if you're on the field, an eh one if your kicking and a good one if you like bouncing big red balls around the driveway.